|Current Division||Special Operations|
|Loadout||Repeater, Elerium Launcher|
Raven (Or formally known as D'konta Ga'Tine, designated Viper 9526010) is a special ally, and later on an anti-hero in RotDN: Energy Strike, and the second protagonist in RotDN: The Valorian Conflict. She was introduced in the Power of Mercy update.
Appearance & Nationality
Raven appears to be a grey scale colored Viper, with a white chin. She is referred by Meán Fómhair as a "Mamba", one of the most aggressive Viper subspecies. She wears modified standard issue armor, using platinum alloys to construct her helmet. A fiery orange aura accompanies her presence. A serial number appears on the back of her armor, displaying the numbers "9526010". This appears to be her Spec Ops identification. She also has napalm in place of venom.
No one can explain why the orange aura appears on her, but others claim that it signifies her large hatred. Like most Vipers, Raven speaks and understands different languages. Her main language is Kuwaiti.
One of the most aggressive and merciless fighters in the Meta Squadron, D'konta "Raven" Ga'Tine leads extremely aggressive attacks on her enemies. She is quite easy to anger, and is not to be challenged with. Her Psi abilities are based on Pyromancy. If agitated, she will burst into a living inferno, turning her armor blazing hot. Her abilities are a force to be reckoned with. Oddly, her only weakness is water. She will not trust her enemies and attack if angered. Caution is advised.
When Raven was assigned to the Magnavox project, she received a massive amount of gene modifications. Eventually, she became a Monsoon-class Pyromancer. In recent interviews with ONI personnel, Raven's anger and obsession for revenge appears to be from the fact that a Viper civil war known as the "Valorian Conflict" caused Raven's parents to die from collapsing rubble.
As her parents died, Raven's rage grew at an excessive level, transforming her into what she is now - an enraged Mamba whose only goal is to destroy anything who dares to stand in her way. She won't rest until her enemies paid the price, no matter the cost.
Manipulate enemies and turn them against the target's allies. A great defense maneuver. Does not work on mechanical enemies.
Throw a fire projectile which will home in on enemies. The fire will deal continuous damage until the fire is put out. Does not work on fire-resistant enemies.
Shout and stun enemies for a short time. Damage is increased when attacking stunned enemies. Does not work on mechanical enemies.
Immobilizes the target soldier; dealing 2-3 damage initially as well as 2-3 damage every turn till the bind is broken.
Targets a single unit and pulls them adjacent to the Viper. Can be used on units even if they are in any form of cover.
Afflicts a target with AOE fire damage at a distance.
A harmless variation of Napalm Spit which spawns a cloud of smoke that blinds enemies. This can be used for hiding or retreating.
Firestorm will cause Raven to ignite and scream, increasing her aggression. She is extremely violent in this state, and will instantly kill enemies with a melee attack. Weapons and abilities are disabled during this. The ability lasts for twenty seconds before becoming calm again. Enemies will catch fire if they get too close.
Raven is more likely a slithering tank, thanks to her enhanced strength modifications. She is able to withstand even the most powerful of weapons. Unlike other Vipers, her melee attack is extremely powerful, being able to send an enemy's ragdoll flying, or knock down infected causing them to slide on the ground. She is also useful in offense and defense.
Multiplayer Survivor Tactics
- If an enemy player is using a Strider, it's best for Raven to use her Elerium Launcher to take it down.
- Raven is capable of distracting enemies while her allies attempt to complete the objective. Combining this tactic with Urdnot Bakara has an effective result.
- Her melee attacks are really effective against stronger enemies. Some require four hits before finally going down.
- Raven's Repeater deals a massive amount of damage to infected, and has armor piercing capability. This can be used to engage larger threats.
- The Firestorm ability can only be used once. This is to prevent spamming and spawn killing. It's best to save it for boss infected.
Multiplayer Infected Tactics
- Raven is the highest threat to any infected - including boss infected. If Raven is present, it's best to target her first. Use a Berserker if possible.
- Killing Raven is extremely rare due to her large amount of health and defense. Using extremely powerful weapons, such as an Electron Accelerator can bring her down easily.
- Explosive weapons are the most effective against Raven. Players must make use of them while they can.
- Extremely high health and defense, having the highest health in-game.
- Resistant to melee attacks.
- Immune to fire.
- Deals the highest damage to enemies.
- Massive amount of strength and endurance.
- Melee attacks can instantly kill weaker infected.
- Color provides a perfect camouflage in dark areas.
- Takes increased damage on water.
- Armor-piercing or explosive weapons can drain health easily.
- Reviving time is increased when downed.
- Cannot regenerate health or shields and must seek batteries or med-kits to recover.
- Targeted by enemies the most.
- Incapable to spare a single life.
- Slower reaction time.
- Successfully recruit Raven.
- Burn at least twenty Amalgamates with Fireball or Napalm Spit.
Scorched to oblivion
- Kill a boss infected using Fireball or Napalm Spit in two minutes.
Ashes to ashes
- Burn over fifty jack-o-lantern Amalgamates during a Halloween event.
- (RotDN: TVC Achievement) Kill over ten Valorian Rangers using the Repeater.
- (RotDN: TVC Achievement) Burn down five Valorian camps that are heavily guarded.
For the revolution!
- Unlock ten skins for Raven.
All hail the queen of bounty hunters!
- Unlock twenty skins for Raven.
Only in for the money
- Unlock all skins for Raven,
- Unlock the legendary Inferno skin for Raven.
- Complete a mission as Raven on Easy.
- Complete a mission as Raven on Normal.
- Complete a mission as Raven on Heroic.
- Complete a mission as Raven on Legendary.
- Complete a mission as Raven on Normal without dying.
- Complete a mission as Raven on Heroic without dying.
- Complete a mission as Raven on Legendary without dying.
I. HATE. BERSERKERS!
- Kill a Berserker while using Firestorm.
- As Raven, use an Elerium Launcher to kill a Strider battle mech.
Bringer of pain
- During a Christmas event, kill a Proxy using a frag snowball and Napalm Spit.
- Players must complete the game on Legendary in order to unlock Raven. This is to prevent other players from abusing her abilities.
- She is heavily inspired by the Brute Splicer from BioShock 2, albeit with difference.
- Originally, Raven was going to have the ability to replicate her own DNA cells and form a temporary clone. This idea was cut due to being overpowered.
- One of the concept arts display this ability in action. However, she is carrying an Elerium Rifle instead of the Repeater.
- Raven's health and defense surpasses September's, making her the hardest-to-kill.
- As of April 22nd 2018, Raven's health and defense was lowered to 15% due to Raven being too overpowered.