"run! get out of here!" -daniel samuels, season 1 episode 19.
|First Encounter||Season 1 Episode 19: The Flood|
goliaths are large robots with massive weapons. such as missiles and lasers. goliaths are rarely encountered, and are very durable. goliaths are used as war machines for the dark energy empire.
goliaths are immune to all types of damage. in order to damage the goliath, it's core must be exposed after it begins cooling off. the core must be kept at a cold temperature. otherwise, the goliath will self-destruct. it takes 5 to 10 minutes for the core to open. once it is cooling off for a minute, the core closes before damage can occur.
if the core is exposed, the goliath is vulnerable to weapons. UNSC marines, ODSTs, spartans, and army servicemen have a chance to destroy the goliath before the core closes. goliaths are incredibly strong, making them an active threat.
after the core has overheated or has been destroyed, the goliath will self-destruct. starting with the arms exploding, then the head explodes, and last but not least, the entire structure. the explosion is the size of a skyscraper, making them difficult to escape from.
- the first encounter was on season 1 episode 19. aka: the flood.
- due to it's massive destructive capabilities, the united nations space command ordered all units to target the goliath first.
- in the variants, the striker uses lasers more often. the crusher would stomp anything in it's path, while the launcher uses missiles more than the other two variants.
- krystal's quantum effect would weaken goliaths as the domes cause an increase of time for the core to close. another reason why is due to the explosion when the domes are shot.
- the goliaths are a reference to the liberty prime from fallout.